Current Transmissions:

20140825

REPORT

THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK, Plantiff
vs CHETWOOD ROBERT HENDORS, Defendant


Page 7 of 122

HENDORS: He walked right past me as if he didn't recognize me.

LAWYER: You mean he ignored you.

HENDORS: Yeah, I guess so.

LAWYER: So what did you do then?

HENDORS: Well, I ran up to him and tapped him on the shoulder. I said, "Max, what the hell is going on with you?" He said, "Sorry fellow but I think you have the wrong person."

LAWYER: And what did you do next?

HENDORS: I kind of stood there shocked. Since I knew this fellow from when we were kids growing up in Queens. He was my best friend. So when he went into the subway station, I followed him. Because I knew that I was right as rain it was him.

LAWYER: And what happened next?

HENDORS: On the platform there were just three others. Max stood there waiting for the subway and I ran up to him and said, "Max it's me, Chet!" And that's when he smiled at me and told me, "I'm not the Max you are looking for."

LAWYER: So what does this incident have to do with...

HENDORS: It was one of the chain of events that led me up to it. Max was always a quiet fellow, though this one it seemed was like.... You ever see that sci-fi show about a man who leaps through time in other physical bodies? I presume it's like that: this version of Max was from another time or place or whatever and had leapt into my Max's body...

No comments:

Post a Comment