Current Transmissions:

20130608

Before the Shifts


Berlin 1994

Her eyes opened, against the light of the lamp. It had been such a deep sleep, she couldn't remember the last time she slept liked that. Her arm reached over to drape across the body that was next to her, but it wasn't there at all.

"Max?" 

Peering around the room, she saw him. He was standing in front of the open window looking out at the city below. His hands clasped behind his back like a sentry on duty, the military training still hadn't waned from his personal life. Not yet, and she doubted that it ever would.

"Yes?"

"You are going to have to leave soon," she told him.

"I know," he replied. Still staring out the window.

"You know you have the power to stop this," she said.

"I know," Max stated. He turned to look at her. "But it's a decision that I had made."

"We can fight it you know," she said.

"I don't want you to," he told her. "This is something that I have to do."

No comments:

Post a Comment